Read more for responsibilities and qualifications.
- Conduct the necessary investigation, either by phone, or through independent adjusters, to determine coverage, liability and damages on various policies, including Pollution liability and Professional Liability Claims.
- Evaluate, negotiate, and settle assigned property damage or bodily injury claims within authority granted, or seek authority for those claims in excess of authority.
- Obtain all required adjuster licenses within 180 days
- Travel to attend trials, mediations, etc.
- J.D. preferred
- Environmental knowledge a plus
- At least 5-7 years relevant claim handling, law, or environmental experience
- Multi state experience preferred
- Some adjuster licenses preferred
- Some travel is required
Skills and Competencies:
- Customer service skills;
- negotiation and decision-making skills;
- communication skills and a confident disposition when dealing with people;
- Organizational and time management skills;
- The ability to think strategically;
- Initiative and the ability to adapt quickly to different situations;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Attention to detail and sound report-writing skills.
Berkley Core Competencies
- Customer Focus and Teamwork
- Innovation and Initiative